Thursday, July 28, 2005

SOME OF MY FAVORITE MOVIE QUOTES

Hi everyone ~ today I'm taking a break from ranting and recording daily info ~ and sharing some of my favorite movie quotes/scenes, etc; and the site that provides them ~ enjoy


MONTY PYTHONS: THE HOLY GRAIL

The Black Knight: Have at you!

King Arthur: You're indeed brave sir knight, but the fight is mine.

The Black Knight: Oh, had enough, aye?

King Arthur: Look you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left.

The Black Knight: Yes I have.


King Arthur:
Look!


The Black Knight: Just a flesh wound!



FROM WILLY WONKA
We must remember there are many more important things, many more important things . . . off hand, I can't think of what they are, but I'm sure there must be something.



WILLY WONKAThe suspense is terrible . . . I hope it'll last.


FROM "THE PRINCESS BRIDE" Westley: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

FROM "THE PRINCESS BRIDE"Buttercup: We'll never survive. Westley: Nonsense, you're only saying that because no one ever has.


LARRY FLYNT
I think the real obscenity comes from raising out youth to believe that sex is bad and ugly and dirty. And yet, it is heroic to go spill guts and blood in the most ghastly manner in the name of humanity.

With all the taboos attached to sex, it's no wonder we have the problems we have. It's no wonder were angry and violent and genocidal. But, ask yourself the question, what is more obscene: sex or war?

ALEX ISAACMAN
(LAWYER FOR LARRY FLYNT)
I'm not trying to convince you that you should like what Larry Flynt does. I don't like what Larry Flynt does. But, what I do like is that I live in a country where you and I can make that decision for ourselves.

I like that I live in a country where I can pick up Hustler magazine and read it if I want to, or throw it in the garbage can if that's where I think it belongs. Or, better yet, I can exercise my opinion and not buy it.
I like that I have that right.
I care about it.
And, you should care about it too.

No comments: