Sunday, October 12, 2008

ITS a MysTerY

Hi everyone-sorry its been so long since I posted and I swear to the gods of jelly (grape jelly) that I will throw up some more pics and stories-soon...speaking of throwing up. This is what I have been doing most of the day. If you live in or around the Derby/Newport VT area, I'm PRETTY sure I may have had some bad soup at the China Moon (the hot and sour soup tasted kinda funny) and since I ate it I have been pretty sick...may want to lay off the soups there for a few days.

Anyway, quick update on Vermont:

cool people (some)

cold weather (most of the time)


miss my friends and family in California and Oklahoma (all the time)

Have a new truck (actually a 96 tahoe) now because my 05 Nissan Xterra was totalled in a battle with Bullwinkle the 800lb moose. The moose lost, but so did my truck I guess. At least we walked away. So I'm grateful for that.

trying to adjust...all of the time.

I know I've only been here since August but what a culture shock. Is it because I haven't moved anywhere in 10 years? Before that I was used to moving every 3 years to a different part of the country. I guess after living in southern California for 10 years, then coming here...well...its different. I will be putting up some posts soon. I think I've collected more stories here in the short time I've been here than anywhere I've ever been in my life...which I guess DOES say Something about the place.

P.S. I started canning...I know - can you believe it? Me? the ANTI-BECKY-HOMECKY-CANNING? trust me, I'm still in shock. And I actually enjoy it. Next stop...knitting....guess i'm getting old.crap.
oh well
ttyl
hope all is well with everyone.
peace

No comments: